It’s time to change up your afternoon snack game! We wanted to give your go-to energy bites a tropical, summery twist. So we started with a blend of hazelnuts, dried pineapple, and shredded coconut. Then we added in a couple scoops of Island Bliss to take the flavor up several notches and pack these healthy snack bites with a powerful blend of superfoods!
The Island Bliss is the true star in this recipe. It gives these healthy energy bites an incredible dose of antioxidants, super greens, probiotics, and prebiotics to boost your overall health and energy. Plus, it tastes divine and gives these bites a fun green color, too! *
Let’s hear it for grab-and-go snacks! Get a pouch of our new Island Bliss below and give this super simple recipe below a try.
Tropical Island Bliss Energy Balls
10-12 energy balls
These deliciously tropical energy bites give you a good blend of wholesome fats, fiber, and protein thanks to the base of nuts and dried fruit. They're the perfect sweet afternoon treat that you can feel good about.
1 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup dried pineapple
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 scoops Island Bliss
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until broken down and a dough begins to come together, scraping down sides as needed.
Scoop by the tablespoon and roll into balls. Store, covered, in the fridge and enjoy for up to a week.
Be sure to grab your Island Bliss here!
- You can easily sub in a different type of nut in place of the hazelnuts. Raw cashews and almonds work nicely.
- While the pineapple lends itself to the tropical vibes of these energy balls, you could also give a different dried fruit a try. Dried mango is a good option. And, of course, Medjool dates are an energy ball staple. Just start with a slightly smaller amount since they have a higher moisture content.
- Don’t have an orange? No problem! Lemon zest or lime zest would also be delicious in this recipe.
- The Island Bliss blend already has a nice sweetness to it, so you may not need the maple syrup. Give the mixture a try without the maple syrup before adding it in, to taste.
- Depending on the nuts you use, your energy balls may be a little sticker. If they are, feel free to roll them in a bit of Island Bliss powder to keep them from sticking to each other.