If you’re searching for the perfect fall dessert, then look no further! This Chai Spiced Apple Tart combines warming fall spices with sweet-tart apples to create a dish that is perfect for all the holiday get-togethers coming up. Plus, it’s easier than it looks!
This delicious and healthy fall dessert makes the most of apple season by combining apple sauce and sliced fresh apples for the filling. And to add both spiced flavor and superfood goodness, we used Chai Bliss. This powerful superfood blend combines 6 different spices with natural nootropics like lion’s mane mushroom, L-theanine from green tea, and zinc for an indulgent, comforting flavor that helps boost brain energy and focus.*
Give this healthy chai-spiced dessert a try and let us know what you think!
Chai Spiced Apple Tart
This Chai Spiced Apple Tart is the perfect fall dessert, loaded with sweet-tart apples and boosted with the superfoods in Chai Bliss!
- 3 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Chai Bliss
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- 1 medium apple
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, to sprinkle
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam (opt for the “no sugar added” kind)
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
For the tart crust
For the apple filling
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9-inch tart pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the almond flour, maple syrup, butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a flat surface and roll into a ¼ inch thickness. Then carefully transfer the rolled dough to the prepared tart pan. Press the dough into the pan and trip the excess dough from the edges.
- Cut out a round parchment paper a bit larger than the size of the tart pan and place it over the prepared dough. Pour about 2 cups of dried beans, rice, or pie weights into the tart crust to keep it from puffing while baking.
- Bake the dough for about 15 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown.
While the dough is baking, prepare the filling. In a medium bowl, add applesauce, coconut sugar, egg yolks, Chai Bliss, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Cut the apple in half and remove the core. Then slice each half into thin slices. Set aside.
- Remove the tart crust from the oven and remove the parchment paper with dried beans. Pour the applesauce mixture into the tart crust and spread the mixture evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Arrange the apple slices in a circular pattern. Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the apple slices and bake for about 40 minutes until the applesauce mixture sets.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the apricot glaze by mixing apricot jam and lukewarm water until mixed. Using a pastry brush, brush the apple tart with the glaze.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Get your bag of Chai Bliss here!