Your Daily 4-Step Anti-Aging RoutineWhile genetics can certainly play a role in how well you age, that’s only the beginning. What you do on a daily basis, from diet and lifestyle choices to your skincare routine, is key to protecting against further age-related damage and even reversing some signs of aging. Below are four key anti-aging steps you can incorporate daily to rejuvenate your body, mind, and spirit!
Step 1. Take your skin care routine seriouslyIf you think you can’t slow the signs of aging — think again. It’s never too late for preventative measures when it comes to your skin. But you’ll need to take stock of the lifestyle and environmental factors that can cause skin to age prematurely. Even if your skin is already showing signs of premature aging, you can still benefit from certain lifestyle changes that will help repair and protect. Here’s what what to consider:
- Go easy when you cleanse. No need to scrub your skin clean. You’ll only irritate it and that will prematurely age your skin. Instead, gently remove your makeup and cleanse your face twice daily — and especially after your workout.
- Moisturize your face daily. If you want to plump up fine lines, you need to moisturize daily. Moisturizer traps in water, which give your skin a plumper and more youthful look.
- Stop squinting and making other repetitive facial expressions. If you frequently squint, you may need to have your eyes checked.
- Opt for a good self-tanner. Sun-kissed skin is a beautiful thing but if you spend your days baking in the sun then you may be doing yourself irreparable damage. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily, SPF 30 (or higher). And if you love a good tan, then consider a self-tanning lotion.
- Go easy on the alcohol. When it comes to your skin, alcohol is not your friend. Not only will it dehydrate your skin, it eventually damages it. The fact is, drinking too much can make you look older than you actually are.
Step 2. Avoid excess sugarSadly, sugar does age your skin and body prematurely. The problem lies in refined sugars and how quickly they're absorbed in the body. Refined sugars cause cells to harden and skin to wrinkle. But it’s never too late to make healthy changes to your diet. Add foods to your diet that can reverse the effects of too much sugar. Consider adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet. They’re high in antioxidants and help protect the skin from free radical damage.
Step 3. Work on improving your postureAs you age, so does your posture. But that’s not all. According to MUSC Health, starting at age 30, you begin to lose height and change the way you walk. While there are a number of reasons posture might change with age, some of the most common tend to be associated with time spent hunched over a desk, computer, and phone. It seems almost inevitable, doesn’t it? But it doesn’t have to be. You can delay or even prevent your back from bowing by strengthening your core. Your core consists of the muscles in the lower back and abdominal area that connect to the spine and pelvis. Skip traditional sit-ups and opt for workouts like yoga, Pilates, and core fitness programs that work the entire core with slow, exact movements.
Step 4. Nourish your gut and get energized!It’s no surprise your body and lifestyle changes as you age. But if you want to control your weight, improve immunity, feel energized, prevent disease, and, yes, reverse aging, you need to focus on nutrition and gut health. Eating a diet filled with a variety of whole foods, colorful vegetables, clean proteins, and healthy fats is key to giving your body the nutrients it needs to age gracefully. But it’s not always easy meeting your body’s daily nutritional needs and nourishing your gut health. This is where superfood blends come in handy. Island Bliss is a great way to boost your daily intake of organic veggies, fruits, superfoods, and probiotics. *
Island Bliss - A Better Anti-Aging Green DrinkThere’s a good reason why green drinks are all the rage. They nourish your body and mind with superfoods, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and minerals. But most options available tend to taste grassy, chalky, and even bitter. And while fruits contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, when added to smoothies, they can turn a healthy drink into a concentration of sugar. And that’s not good for your anti-aging routine. This is where Island Bliss comes in. With less than one gram of sugar per serving, and none of the chalky or bitter aftertaste, Island Bliss will nourish your body and leave you craving more. Plus, with over 30 organic fruits, vegetables, superfoods, and probiotics, Island Bliss supports:
- Healthy aging*
- Consistent “all-day” energy*
- Cardiovascular health and metabolism*
- Gut nourishing bacteria*
- Healthy immune system*
- Natural inflammation response*
- Weight management*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.