Is there any cookie as nostalgic as oatmeal cream pies? These tasty treats were the envy of every kid in the lunchroom. Unfortunately, the original, while delicious, is also highly processed and made with questionable ingredients, additives, preservatives, and loads of sugar. Luckily, homemade oatmeal cream pies are easier to make than you might think!
Oatmeal cream pies are actually pretty simple when you think about it. Just two soft oatmeal cookies filled with a sweet, tasty cream in the middle. Which means if you can make cookies, you can make these healthy oatmeal cream pies. And the best part? You’ll know exactly what went into them.
To take this classic dessert up a notch, we included our spicy Chai Bliss superfood blend to the dough. It adds a warming, cozy flavor that makes these healthy cookies taste extra special. But that’s just the beginning. The superfoods in Chai Bliss also help promote mental focus and maintain alertness. *
The natural nootropic blend of L-theanine, Lion’s Mane mushroom, and zinc in Chai Bliss boosts brain energy and supports cognitive function, focus, and mood. That means these healthy Chai Oatmeal Cream Pies are a perfect sweet snack to satisfy your sugar craving while also helping you get over the afternoon slump. *
Chai Bliss is a superfood-packed way to add delicious spices to just about any baked good or enjoy as a decadent drink on its own. Give the recipe a try and stock up on Chai Bliss through the link below!
Homemade Chai Oatmeal Cream Pies
Want a healthy treat with a dose of childhood nostalgia? These Chai Oatmeal Cream Pies are everything you loved as a kid but made healthier!
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tablespoon Chai Bliss
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup of your favorite vanilla frosting
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, molasses, non-dairy milk and vanilla. Mix well until creamy.
- Add in the oats, almond flour, gluten-free oat flour, Chai Bliss, baking powder, and salt. Mix until a thick cookie batter forms.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Wet fingers and gently flatten each cookie into a round shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely. Once cool, spread a bit of frosting on the bottom of a cookie and add another cookie on top to create a sandwich.
- Store leftover oatmeal cream pies in a covered container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Shop Chai Bliss Here!