A green smoothie is always a good choice when it comes to breakfast. But sometimes, you want to switch things up and sink your teeth into something warm and comforting. These Tropical Green Smoothie Muffins are the best of both worlds, combining all the goodness of a green smoothie into a tasty and healthy breakfast muffin.
Turning a green smoothie into a muffin is surprisingly simple! We combine the bananas, nut milk, and greens found in a classic green smoothie with oats, eggs, and other nourishing ingredients to create a satisfying breakfast muffin. And to add a bit more superfood punch, we’ve added a healthy dose of Island Bliss to the batter.
Island Bliss is an energy-boosting, mood-supporting, gut-nourishing supergreens blend that tastes like a tropical vacation! It’s an easy way to get nourishing superfoods, probiotics, and organic fruits and veggies into your diet every day. Plus, these muffins freeze beautifully and are perfect for meal prep. Grab your bag of Island Bliss and give them a try! *
Island Bliss Green Smoothie Muffins
This Tropical Green Smoothie Muffins recipe takes all the nourishing goodness you love about a green smoothie and transforms it into a comforting breakfast muffin you can feel good about enjoying.
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nut milk of choice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups baby spinach, lightly packed
- 2 cups rolled oats or 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 2-4 tablespoons Island Bliss
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a standard 12-muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor or blender in the order listed for best blending results. Blend on high until the batter is combined and smooth.*
- Evenly divide the batter between 12 muffin liners. Bake in the preheated oven for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy immediately or let cool completely before storing in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
*If you aren’t using a high-speed blender, opting for oat flour instead of rolled oats will create a smoother, fluffier muffin texture.