Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup Cacao Bliss
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips - plus a little more for topping (70% cacao or higher)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a muffin tin with baking cups or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until there are no large chunks left. Then stir in the coconut sugar, egg and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, Cacao Bliss, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix together until all combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing lightly to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- The batter will be slightly chunky, you do not want to over mix.
- Pour batter into muffin cups filling them almost all the way to the top.
- Add chocolate chips or sliced banana as a topping.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the middle, comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 3 minutes in the muffin tin, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store muffins in an airtight container. They will last about 5 days at room temperature and about 3 months if frozen.
These are delicious! I substituted pumpkin for the applesauce in the exact amount. It made approximately 14 muffins. A definite keeper.
Looking forward to receiving my large order and trying this recipe
Favorite recipe! I have them in freezer at all times to grab for snack at work. My coworkers are making them now! Everyone’s favorite!
I keep these muffins in the freezer and hand them out at will. Great gift! Always come out delicious and healthy!
I made these delicious healthy cupcakes a few days ago. They turned out perfect and so yummy! I took a picture of them but it looks like I can’t upload it with my review. The recipe makes exactly 12 cupcakes!