Sunday dinner. Family reunions. Holiday meals. Potlucks. They often have one thing in common: scalloped potatoes. They’re a classic comfort food side dish that elicits all sorts of fond memories. However, traditional scalloped potato recipes tend to be on the less-healthy side. But don't worry! That doesn’t mean you can’t have one of your favorite side dishes! We’ve made some simple swaps and additions to the classic scalloped potato recipe to make it healthier without sacrificing flavor. And to really amp up the nourishment factor, we added Collagen Peptides to the creamy sauce.
Collagen Peptides are perfect in this dish because they don’t affect the taste and they dissolve completely. Meaning you get all the healthy skin, hair, nail, and joint support you love from collagen without even noticing it! Give this recipe a try at your next family dinner and see why we love it! *
Dairy-Free Scalloped Potatoes With Collagen Peptides
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with a bit of avocado oil and set aside.
2. Combine almond milk, vegetable broth, raw cashews, nutritional yeast, Collagen Peptides, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes until completely smooth and creamy. Set aside.
3. Thinly slice the potatoes and onions using a mandolin slicer or a very sharp knife.
4. Place half of the sliced potatoes in the prepared baking dish, spreading them out in an even layer. Pour 1/3 of the prepared sauce over the potatoes.
5. Add the sliced onions over the first potato layer, distributing them evenly. Pour half of the remaining sauce over the onion layer.
6. Add remaining potatoes in an even layer to the dish. Top with remaining sauce.
7. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
8. Remove the aluminum foil from the baking dish and bake for an additional 35 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown and the potatoes are fork tender.
9. Remove the scalloped potatoes from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped chives before serving.
Is your mouth watering yet?! Grab a bag of Collagen Peptides so you can give this delicious, healthy side dish a try ASAP!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.