Kickstart your day with a healthy donut recipe that pack in a powerful dose of antioxidants and healthy inflammation supporting properties because healthy eating can be delicious.
Featuring Golden Superfood Bliss, these donuts may:
- Support a healthy inflammatory response so you can feel your best as you tackle your busy day.
- Ease feelings of stress for a calmer mood.*
- Bust cravings so you can take control of your food choices!
HEALTHY GOLDEN BLISS DONUTS
1. Whisk together the milk, vinegar, and orange juice and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF, grease a donut pan with unrefined coconut oil, and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and Golden Superfood Bliss.
4. In another bowl beat the coconut oil until fluffy then beat in the maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract.
5. Whisk in the milk mixture, and then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix the dough.
6. Pour dough into a ziplock bag and snip the edge off of one corner. You can also use a pastry bag if you have one.
7. Pipe the dough into the donut pan. You should fill 5 - 6 cavities.
8. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes before turning over onto a wire rack to cool completely.
These donuts do not require frosting to be delicious, but if you’re hosting a special occasion or having these as an occasional treat, here’s a delicious frosting.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 - 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup natural almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
1. Scoop the coconut cream (about a cup) from the can of coconut milk and put it into a medium-sized bowl. Save the water to use in a smoothie!
2. Using a mixer, whip the coconut cream until smooth and creamy.
3. Add in the maple syrup, almond butter, and almond extract.
4. Whip until fully incorporated.
5. Refrigerate until you're ready to frost your donuts.