Move over, Girl Scouts, because we’ve got a healthy Samoas copycat recipe that you’re going to love! We’ve taken all the craveable flavors from the original — toasted coconut, rich chocolate, and caramel-y goodness — and created a healthier version!
We started by toasting our own shredded coconut and used Medjool dates to get that classic caramel flavor. Then we used Cacao Bliss to give these cookies a chocolatey coating that’s also boosted with superfoods! Give it a try and see what you think. *
Cacao Bliss Coconut No-Bake Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the shredded coconut onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until coconut develops a light golden brown color.
2. Add toasted coconut and dates into a food processor. Pulse until mixture combines and a dough forms.
3. Roll dough by the tablespoon into balls, then shape into round cookies. Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and use a chopstick or straw to create a hole in the center. Once finished with all the dough, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
4. Melt coconut oil, then add Cacao Bliss, whisking to combine. Dip each hardened cooking in the cacao mixture and place back on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle remaining cacao mixture over the top.
5. Return cookies to the freezer for 10 minutes to set. Store cookies in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Looking for more healthy cookie recipes? Try these!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.