Potato soup is a classic for a reason. It’s creamy and comforting. Warm and delicious. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. And while all those things are great, we wanted to find a way to add just a bit more nourishing goodness to this comfort food favorite.
To take this classic potato soup up a nutritional notch, we simply added a couple scoops of Collagen Peptides. Because our Collagen Peptides are flavorless and dissolve easily, they’re the perfect way to add a clean protein source to any soup. Plus, including Collagen Peptides in your diet can help promote gut health, radiant skin, and healthy joints. What’s not to love?! Give the recipe below a try and see how quick and tasty it is! *
Classic Potato Soup With Collagen
1. Heat butter or oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute, stirring occasionally, for 7-10 minutes, until softened and starting to turn golden. Stir in garlic and saute for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
2. Add potatoes, stock, thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot and stir. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in almond milk. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to desired consistency, making it as chunky or smooth as you like. Alternately, you can blend the soup in batches in a stand blender.
4. Once desired consistency is reached, whisk in Collagen Peptides, stirring until dissolved. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
5. This soup is best served immediately, topped with chopped cooked bacon and green onions, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. The soup will thicken in the fridge. If it gets too thick, add a splash of almond milk or stock to get it back to desired consistency when reheating.
It's safe to assume that you’re craving potato soup now, right? Grab a bag of Collagen Peptides here so you can whip this up any night of the week!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.