“Drink your beets!” isn’t something you hear every day, but perhaps it’s something you should do every day.
Beets are a great source of nutrients like fiber, folate, and vitamin C. They’re also low in calories, making them an unexpectedly awesome addition to your afternoon latte.
What’s more, blending beets with oat milk creates a beautiful pink color that makes getting healthy nutrients into your body fun!
Adding powerhouse spices take this latte to the next level. See for yourself:
- Ginger — Anti-inflammatory that may help with muscle soreness, joint pain, digestive problems, brain function, cholesterol, blood sugar levels, and more! Ginger is hands down a super-spice that also happens to taste delicious.
- Cinnamon —Loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, cinnamon adds more than just a spicy sweetness to your recipes. It can help your body fight infections and repair tissue damage, reduce the risk of heart disease, lower blood sugar levels, and even protect against cancer!
- Nutmeg —With a distinct flavor often used in desserts, curries, and drinks like chai tea, nutmeg is more than just its taste profile. With antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and even antibacterial properties, it boasts noteworthy health benefits that may reduce inflammation the body, boost mood, improve blood sugar control, and maybe even rev up your libido!
This recipe is also easy to make. Just plan for time to cook your beet and the rest is smooth sailing.
What do you think? Will you be whipping up this super special latte? Let me know in the comments below and if you know someone who would love this recipe, please feel free to share!
Ginger-Beet Latte Recipe
- Add beet to a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer until tender, about 45-60 minutes. Once cool, rinse, peel, and chop into small pieces.
- Combine beet and ½ cup of oat milk on high speed in blender until puréed. Strain through a fine sieve. Rinse blender and return to its base.
- Whisk together remaining 3 ½ cups of oat milk, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg in saucepan over medium heat. Add strained beet mixture. Add honey or syrup to taste, if desired. Heat until hot.
- Return to blender and blend until just foamy, venting the blender top. Pour into 4 mugs and top with cacao nibs, if desired. Serve hot. Cool and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and blend leftovers to serve.
To get all of the benefits of Turmeric and Ginger every single day, head here to grab Earth Echo's Turmeric + Ginger Capsules.