Our Comfort Foods with Benefits recipe series continues with this delicious and healthy Golden Pumpkin Soup.
Full of fall’s trademark warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, plus the health-boosting benefits of the ashwagandha, turmeric, and mushroom blend found in Golden Superfood Bliss, this recipe is as good for your body as it is for your soul.
If you love the taste of pumpkin, but you’re maxed out on lattes and prefer to skip the pie, this soup promises to satisfy.
Golden Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrot and cook until onion is translucent and carrot is tender — about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook about 30 seconds longer, then remove pan from heat.
- Add the contents of the pan to a blender along with vegetable broth, canned pumpkin, coconut milk, and Golden Superfood Bliss. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour contents of blender back into saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until mixture begins to bubble. Lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve warm. Garnish with pepitas, sage leaves, and cashew cream, if desired.
If you don’t yet have the cravings-busting, healthy immune response-supporting Golden Superfood Bliss in your superfoods arsenal yet, you can order yours right here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.