Do you think the frosting is the best part of desserts? Do you like a thick layer of frosting or do you prefer a light coating? No matter what your frosting preferences, we’ve got a super easy, super delicious vegan frosting recipe made three ways with the help of your favorite superfood blend!
The base of this frosting is incredibly simple. It uses coconut cream and powdered monk fruit sweetener as the base. There’s a bit of vanilla, of course, and you can add a bit of arrowroot starch if you want a firmer consistency. But the real magic comes with the addition of tasty superfood blends.
By adding your favorite superfood elixir to this healthy vegan frosting recipe, you can pick the perfect flavor for any occasion.
- Cacao Bliss, for a decadent chocolate frosting that unlocks your "Bliss" molecule so you can enter a calm state of happiness.*
- Golden Superfood Bliss, for a rich golden frosting that helps combat occasional anxiety & helps prevent stress eating.*
- Chai Bliss, for a spiced frosting that revitalizes your senses gives you a boost in natural energy with no stimulant crash.*
Whether you’re frosting cupcakes, cookies, donuts, quickbreads, or even using it as a sweet fruit dip, this easy Superfood Vegan Frosting is sure to become a favorite recipe. Which superfood blend will you try first? Tell us in the comments!
Superfood Vegan Frosting
A simple, healthy, superfood-boosted frosting recipe that’s perfect for cakes, cookies, donuts, quick breads, and more!
- 1 can full-fat coconut cream*
- ½ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 2-3 tablespoons Cacao Bliss, Golden Superfood Bliss, or Chai Bliss
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons arrowroot starch (optional)
The day before you want to make the frosting, put the can of full-fat coconut cream in the fridge and allow it to chill overnight. For even better results, place the bowl and whipping tools you’ll use to make the frosting in the fridge to chill them, as well.
- When ready to make the frosting, remove the can from the fridge but don’t shake it. Open the can and carefully scoop out the thick, solid part at the top of the can into the chilled bowl. Leave the liquid part in the can.*
- Add the powdered sweetener, superfood Bliss blend of your choice, and vanilla to the bowl. Whip on high until it becomes light and fluffy with a similar texture to whipped cream. If you want to thicken your frosting a bit, you can add the arrowroot starch a tablespoon at a time until you’re happy with the texture.
- Use right away or refrigerate for up to a day until ready to use.
This frosting is more like a light, whipped-cream texture as opposed to a classic buttercream texture. For added stiffness, you can add more powdered sugar or a bit more arrowroot starch.
Make sure to use full-fat coconut cream for this recipe. Lower fat coconut creams and coconut milks won’t give you the correct texture.
You can add the leftover coconut liquid to smoothies.