Hummus is such a versatile dish that can be used as a dip for vegetables, added by the spoonful to salads and grain bowls, or used as a flavorful spread on wraps and sandwiches. Plus, it’s easy to customize by adding in flavorful elements, like olives, spices, or roasted seasonal vegetables. But our favorite addition to hummus is definitely Collagen Peptides.
Because our Collagen Peptides don’t have any flavor, they’re easily added to this hummus recipe without changing the taste. It’s an incredibly delicious and convenient way to get your daily dose of Collagen and all the healthy joint, skin, and gut benefits that go with it! Give the recipe below a try and feel free to get creative with your own add-ins! *
Roasted Turnip Hummus With Collagen
Makes 2 cups
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, add diced turnip, olive oil, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well until combined and let it sit for 15 minutes.
3. Spread the turnip in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, until tender and the edges begin to turn golden brown. The more golden brown the turnip is, the more flavorful the hummus will be.
4. Once the turnip is done to your liking, remove from the oven, and let it sit for 10 minutes to cool.
5. Add the roasted turnip and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Blend on medium speed until smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick, add more water a tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
6. Serve the hummus with a drizzle of olive oil along with cut up vegetables as a healthy snack. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Whip up your own healthy hummus whenever you like by grabbing a bag of Collagen Peptides here!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.