With the warm glow of the holiday season behind us, it’s time to start focusing on the coming year and how we can put our intentions into action. But we can’t be expected to do any of that on an empty stomach! Which is why we need a big, warm bowl of comfort food, like this Golden Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
This hearty soup is loaded with healthy ingredients, like butternut squash, black beans, and spinach. Plus, it’s supercharged with Golden Superfood Bliss, which contains 12 powerful ingredients that crush hunger cravings and help relieve stress. It’s the perfect meal to help fuel all of your goals for the new year. Give the recipe a try and let’s show 2021 who’s boss! *
Golden Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix diced butternut squash, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, dried oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
3. Once the butternut squash is roasted, remove from the oven and set aside while you prepare the soup.
4. Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes until the onion begins to turn transparent.
5. Add the fresh thyme, Golden Superfood Bliss, salt, and pepper. Give it a quick stir, then add the vegetable stock. Bring soup to a simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add roasted butternut squash, black beans, and spinach to the pot. Stir to combine and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove soup from the heat and adjust seasoning, as needed. Serve hot and enjoy!
Gear up for the year ahead by snagging a bag of Golden Superfood Bliss here!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.