Is there anything more perfect on a weekend morning than enjoying a warm, delicious scone with your coffee? How about one that’s healthy and packed with 12 superfood ingredients? That may sound too good to be true but believe it! We made these Golden Spiced Blueberry Scones with a base of wholesome, nourishing ingredients before adding in a healthy dose of Golden Superfood Bliss. This rich, spicy blend adds the perfect depth of flavor while also adding superfoods that help support a healthy inflammatory response, control cravings, and reduce cortisol. Start your day in the stress-free state you deserve by treating yourself to one of these delicious gluten-free scones! *
Healthy Gluten-Free Golden Spiced Blueberry Scones
Makes 8 small scones
1. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, Golden Superfood Bliss, baking soda, lemon zest, and salt. Whisk to combine before adding in the butter. Using a fork, pastry cutter, or your fingers, blend the butter with the dry ingredients until combined and no large chunks of butter remain.
3. Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Then gently fold in blueberries.
4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet, forming dough into a disc about 3/4-inch thick. Cut the disc into 8 equal triangles. Gently move the triangles apart so there is about an inch of space between them.
7. Bake the scones for 20 minutes until the edges turn golden brown. Let scones cool for 10 minutes before serving.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.