Have a craving for one of your favorite candy bars? Now you can have that sweet treat without the side of guilt. These healthy Almond Joys make eating healthy delicious.
Plus, they are super simple to make and can be stored in the freezer for easy grab and go snacking.
Healthy Almond Joy
Servings: 20 / Serving size: 1 Almond Joy
1. In a large bowl, combine the coconut flakes, 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk. Use a spoon and mix to combine and until the mixture is slightly wet.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place it next to the bowl. Scoop out the mixture using a tablespoon.
3. With your hands, mold into a 3-inch-long rectangular shape, squeezing out the moisture and compressing the mixture.
4. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat until you have made 20.
5. Place one almond on top of each rectangle and press down lightly. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add the remaining coconut oil to a saucepan and melt on medium-low heat. Remove and add the coconut sugar. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Add the Cacao Bliss to the mixture and whisk until smooth.
7. Remove the baking sheet from the freezer and place it near the melted Cacao Bliss mixture.
8. Place one of the rectangles on a fork and dip it into the chocolate to coat the bottom.
9. Use a spoon to pour the melted chocolate over the top and sides. Allow the excess to drip back into the bowl. Place each rectangular shape back on the baking sheet.
10. Allow to harden before serving. Speed up this step by placing them in the freezer! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Enjoy healthy, delicious Cacao Bliss in baking, recipes, smoothies, and drinks - find it here!