Golden Spiced Coconut Rice
This Golden Spiced Coconut Rice recipe is everything you could want in a healthy side dish: it’s easy, super flavorful, and versatile. Plus, it’s boosted with a superfood blend!
2 cups long grain rice/basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Golden Superfood Bliss
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
Rinse and soak the long grain rice for 20 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onions, minced garlic, and bay leaves. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add Golden Superfood Bliss, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the pot. Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and stir in the soaked rice. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff rice with a fork.
- Top the rice with chopped cilantro and the juice from half a lemon. Toss to combine and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Get your bag of Golden Superfood Bliss here!