The official start to summer is fast approaching, which means busier schedules, upcoming adventures, and more time spent outdoors. Whether you’re planning a summer getaway or spending time closer to home with family and friends, you’re going to want to feel healthy and vibrant to keep up with it all!
The shift from winter hibernation to summer socializing can feel a bit difficult. But with a few simple tips and tricks, you’ll be well on your way to looking and feeling your best this summer!
5 Lifestyle Tips To Look & Feel Better This Summer
1. Start your day off on a positive note
Creating a positive morning routine can go a long way to setting the tone for your entire day. So rather than hitting the snooze button five times or doom-scrolling first thing in the morning, try some of these tips to create a morning routine that works for you.
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier. And resist the urge to hit the snooze! Feeling rushed in the morning is a sure way to create a stressful atmosphere. So waking up even 15 minutes earlier than usual can give you a little leisure time to help put you in the right state of mind.
- Start the day with gratitude. Research suggests that practicing gratitude daily actually makes you happier and less depressed. And what better way to start your day than spending just a few minutes with your gratitude journal?
- Make your bed. This one small step to creating order in your day helps create inner calm.
- Stretch your body. Stretching in the morning helps relieve tension and pain. It also helps increase flexibility and blood flow, helping you prepare for the day ahead.
- Eat a nourishing breakfast. Starting your day with the nutrients your body craves will help boost your energy. Plus, you’ll be more likely to make healthy food choices for the rest of the day.
2. Develop a healthy relationship with exercise
Moving your body is your life force. It improves your mood, boosts your metabolism, strengthens your bones, makes you stronger, and generally keeps you looking and feeling younger and more vibrant.
The key is to find the activities you love to do. If forcing yourself to workout at a public gym is not your thing, then hit the trails for a hike. Try a few aquatic classes. Spend a few hours a day gardening. If you love to dance, turn up the music and dance like nobody’s watching! How you move your body isn’t as important as the frequency. Find something you love and commit to moving your body every day.
3. Get a handle on stress
Some days it seems that everywhere you turn, you have another reason to feel stressed out. Sure, a little stress is all part of the human experience. But when it becomes chronic, those elevated levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) begin to wreak havoc on your health.
In order to feel your best this summer, you need to start managing your stress every day. Luckily there are a number of easy ways to lower cortisol naturally.
- Learn some deep breathing exercises. Studies show that deep breathing for at least five minutes, three times a day helps lower cortisol levels.
- Get at least seven hours of sleep each night. Quality sleep heals the body. Not enough sleep, and the body is more likely to produce cortisol.
- Spend more time outdoors. Simply being in nature is enough to calm the body and mind.
- Stay active. Regular exercise reduces cortisol levels (so long as you don’t overdo it) and stimulates the production of endorphins.
4. Support your gut health
It’s no secret that your gut health impacts your entire body. A healthy gut supports strong immunity, brain health, heart health, improved mood, better sleep, and digestion.
Support your gut health this summer by adding plenty of organic greens and fruits to your diet, including probiotics and prebiotics, and remembering to stay hydrated!
5. Support your body with proper nourishment
If you want to wake up your mind and body after months of hibernation, opt for nutrient-dense foods.
Island Bliss is a convenient way to boost your daily intake of organic fruits and vegetables, as well as antioxidants, minerals, phytonutrients, and a whole lot of other energy-boosting superfoods.
While green superfood blends are all the rage (and for good reason), most taste grassy, chalky, or bitter. But that’s where Island Bliss is different.
With less than one gram of sugar per serving, you won’t believe how delicious Island Bliss is when mixed with just water! Plus, with loads of organic fruits, veggies, superfoods, and probiotics, this potent elixir supports:
- Natural all-day energy levels.*
- Healthy aging, cardiovascular health, as well as healthy carbohydrate metabolism.*
- Gut health and optimal weight management*
Feeling vibrant and full of energy this summer is possible with just a few lifestyle tweaks and a little help from Island Bliss! Click the link below to try the tastiest green drink available!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.